Say hello to beautiful Joy Island! This brand-new resort by the famed Cocoon Collection is set to welcome guests to its beautiful shores on 1 September 2023.
On the north eastern edge of the North Male Atoll, Joy Island is shaped like a butterfly with a wide, white sandy beach surrounded by a stunning turquoise lagoon and a fabulous house reef which runs along one side of the island and is within easy swimming distance of the beach.
An island of happiness
The name Joy Island was chosen for the feeling you are sure to get the minute your feet land on this beautiful paradise. There is so much to enjoy on this nine-hectare island with a variety of activities and services to ensure a fun-filled holiday in Maldives.
Splash around at the fully equipped water sport and PADI diving center where you’ll find various water activities on offer with professional instructors and top-notch equipment. There’ll also be a tennis court, fully equipped gym, a padel tennis court, daily boat excursions to discover nearby islands and snorkelling on the majestic reefs nearby.
The little ones will stay entertained at Joy’s Kids Club with a wide variety of activities fully supervised by professional staff.
And for when you need a little bit of pampering the therapists at the Dream Spa will make your serene holiday dream come true with a wide range of therapeutic treatments designed to heal the mind, body and spirit. Located overwater, the treatment rooms are ideal for couples treatments and massages in complete privacy with a stunning view.
Accommodation for everyone
With 91 villas on the beach and 60 located over water in the lagoon, there’s accommodation for every need and budget at Joy Island. Choose from the following options, all designed in fresh tones with an ambience that compliments the vibrant colours of Maldives:
- Beach Villa – The entry level room, located on the east side of the island with an amazing sunrise view and an open air Maldivian bathroom.
- Beach Suite – Featuring larger living rooms and more spacious open air Maldivian bathrooms, the suites are located on the west side of the island where the ultimate sunset view awaits.
- Family Beach Villa – The perfect option for families of three or more with an inter-connecting door from the veranda. They are ideal for parents who want to stay close to their children but also want their own privacy.
- Beach Suite Pool – The ultimate in self-indulgence. Enjoy a large suite with sunset view that comes with your own private pool overlooking the beach.
- Joy Beach Suite – This is the largest guest suite on the island with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a magnificent living room. It also offers an outdoor dining area, with a private plunge pool. Its stunning beachfront setting affords a jaw dropping view of the lagoon and of the sunset.
- Lagoon Villa – These luxurious overwater villas are the epitome of understated elegance and are located on the east side of the island, from where you can enjoy the sunrise.
- Lagoon Suite – With direct access to the turquoise lagoon, and stunning sunset views over the ocean, these are the next step up in overwater accommodation.
- Lagoon Suite Pool – The ultimate in extravagant luxury, these suites come with a wade-in private pool on the sundeck.
- Joy Lagoon Suite – The largest overwater suite, this luxurious villa is ideal for submerging in a special retreat, far from the busy life. It has a big private deck with sunbeds, a gorgeous lagoon setting with a private pool and sunset view. The suite offers everything you could want for an exclusive, romantic and unforgettable holiday in the Maldives.
World class dining in the Maldives
Each of Joy Island’s four restaurants will remind you of different places and cities in the world, while offering amazing views of the sparkling Indian Ocean. Choose to eat and drink at any of the following venues:
- The Market – The main restaurant is an open-air style, proving a great variety of cuisines from all over the world. Different daily themes will spoil all tastes and culinary needs.
- Il Basilico – Next to the pool is a typical Italian pizzeria. Here you will find some of the most loved Italian dishes.
- Rainbow – Joy Island’s main bar, as suggested by the name, is full of colours and happiness. The Rainbow bar is a convivial meeting spot. Here, enjoy freshly made cocktails and a great wine selection, accompanied by live music performances and entertainment every night.
- Chiringuito – On the tip of the island you can find Chiringuito; both a restaurant and a bar. A fabulous paella is served at lunch time while you can also look forward to BBQs under the stars.
Book with The Holiday Factory
Book your trip to Joy Island with The Holiday Factory and your package includes return flights to the Maldives, return resort transfers by speedboat, 7 nights accommodation in a Beach Villa, breakfast, lunch, dinner & selected drinks daily, afternoon tea and coffee with snacks, a complimentary mini bar replenished once daily, and all taxes, levies & surcharges.
Choose to upgrade to the Extreme All Inclusive package and you’ll also get to choose from a selection of premium wines from all around the world, unlimited cocktails and signature drinks, and a premium mini bar, replenished daily with beer, wine, soft drinks, water and snacks. Plus you’ll get two free excursions including sunset fishing and a local island trip excursion, a 20% discount on all spa services, one romantic dinner on the beach during your stay, and one BBQ dinner on the beach.