Ask most of the team members here at the Holiday Factory what their favourite five star resort in Mauritius is and you’ll get the same answer. The Heritage Le Telfair located in the lush southern section of the island comes up trump time and time again.
Here are 10 reasons why we think the Heritage Le Telfair is the best resort in Mauritius:
1. Heritage Le Telfair is an all-suite resort meaning that each room is more spacious and luxurious than the next. Your room is not just a place to sleep but a spot to truly rest, relax and recharge. They also boast some of the biggest outdoor showers you’ve ever seen.
2. The resort has a style, charm and romanticism of yesteryear complete with your very own butler service! It’s a timeless elegance that will make you think you stepped into the pages of a magazine.
3. You’ll get to practice your swing with unlimited golf with a golf cart at the best course in the Indian Ocean if booked on the Gourmet Bliss all inclusive package. Heritage Golf Club is an 18-hole Championship Golf course designed by Peter Matkovitch. Nestled between mountains and a pristine lagoon, this spectacular course offers golfers a truly memorable experience, whatever the standard of their game.
4. You can dine at a different spot every day with 12 different restaurants and bars choose from. This is the opportunity to embark on a true culinary journey with different cuisines from around the world. The live cooking station at the pan-Asian fusion restaurant Gin’Ja is an absolute favourite for our team.
5. There is a fantastic beach club (on an equally beautiful beach) featuring all the water sports you want as well as restaurants and a bar. You can even take kitesurfing lessons right from the beach here. This is also a great party venue separate from the main resort that often hosts fashion shows and international DJs.
6. The kid’s club is the only one on the island to offer free services right from birth with dedicated monitors and cribs so you can keep an eye on your little one wherever you are. Kids aged three to eleven will also find plenty to keep them bust at the kids club with numerous supervised activities. And with the kid’s club open every day from 08h30 to 23h00, mom and dad can even enjoy a romantic dinner while the little one’s play!
7. The resort is set on a property that dates back to 1765. Domaine de Bel Ombre immerses its guests through the rich heritage of Mauritius and even is home to an historic former sugar plantation style house, set in typical French Gardens. There’s also an extensive onsite nature reserve where you can enjoy yoga, take a hike, go on a quad bike excursion, or a romantic picnic.
8. One of our favourite things about Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Wellness Resort in Mauritius is the gorgeous heated pool that sits at the centre of the resort. Nothing much more needs to be set about this amazing pool other than that when we visit, this is where you’ll likely find us! Bliss!
9. The Gourmet Bliss All Inclusive package is the best of its kind on the island and offers a completely carefree holiday. This amazing package includes breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as cakes, pancakes and ice creams at the beach kiosk. It also includes imported and local drinks (including Champagne!), halfway snacks at the golf course, and the option to dine around not only at Heritage Le Telfair but also at Heritage Awali, the resort’s sister property right next door. You’ll even get a stocked mini bar, 24 hour room service, and the option of a picnic hamper if you decide to head out for the day – now that’s what we call service!
10. The spa at Heritage Le Telfair is ranked amongst the best luxury spas in Mauritius. Here the resort team takes a truly personalise approach to well-being, encompassing everything from personal health to spirituality, diet to fitness, and of course a seemingly limitless array of amazing spa treatments to choose from.